Saturday, March 15, 2008

John Landes’ memorial


I went to John's memorial today, which included many performances, including a reunion of his band from JFK High thirty-five years ago! They rocked (see above).
At these occasions you notice what people remember. For example, Steve Coughran, who has John's job now, said that he wished he could snap his fingers as loud as John could. You could be walking on the other side of the quad and hear John's fingers snapping in the band room. I doubt that John thought very much about snapping his fingers.
When I got my 50th birthday memory book, I noticed that most people talked about things that I had either totally forgotten or not thought about for many years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

- I was there also... It was great to see the turnout of people and hear the comments about how John had been a part of their lives. - The music was fantastic with a sampling of all the various classes/ groups from the CRC campus. -The short notice they had to assemble this gathering made it that much more impressive! I had the chance to see and visit with some old friends, some that I had not seen in over twenty years. - My thanks to all the staff of the music dept. at Cosumnes River College.

Unknown said...

Does anyone have any more information about John Landes? I'm trying to locate a John R Landes that was born around 1944 and served in Vietnam.

Mark Stivers said...

I don't think your John Landes is our John Landes.

Anonymous said...

Maybe the most interesting page I read in my life..