Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Mike Gundy on cell phones

I got this email from my Welsh friend Mike Gundy:

My Cellphone probably has an interesting tale to tell, unfortunately
it remains mute on what happened between loosing it at the scene of
the bike accident and its return. Actually it remains solidly broken,
but its the SIM card which we use here and that is the personable bit
that is good to have back.

"Without my SIM card I am just a person, with it I am a number "

[Number Six would be proud, the Prisoner was made in Wales by the way]

At the funeral of my favourite Aunty (alas), which is unfortunately
the only get together of family we seem to have in the UK. I was
struggling to enter numbers and addreses of kin into my new
replacement phone, when one of the younger generation commented - Ah
old people playing with phones again... making what appeared to be
thumb wrestling gestures.

No comments: