Thursday, May 15, 2008

Every two months I give blood. Usually I go to the Bloodsource branch in Elk Grove, where they have a brilliant phlebotomist named Lisa who can even find the vein in my left arm (most people can't). This time I decided to go to the downtown branch which is closer and as it turns out bigger and in a lovely neighborhood. I went in feeling that I was never going back to Elk Grove (and feeling a tiny pang of guilt). But I got punished for my infidelity: the young lady assigned to me couldn't get any blood at first and had to ask her supervisor to adjust the needle inside my vein. Ouch. Then at the end my blood stopped flowing fast enough and the supervisor had to adjust it again. More ouch. Finally she pulled the needle out, and so I never gave my full unit.
Lisa, I am so sorry. I will never betray you again.

No comments: