Saturday, January 30, 2010

An email I got today


Hi Mark. I grew up in a commune in Philly near the art museum in the late 60's til about 5th grade around 1977. My dad and mom had started the commune upon their return from the Peace Corps. Anyway, one of the couples that lived with us for a while where John and Claire Dodd. My vague recollection is that Claire was a high school teacher. She brought the piece home from work one day and showed it to me. I so admired it (and still do!) that she gave it to me. Not sure how accurate all of this is, other than Claire gave me it and the timeframe.

In any event, it was on my wall, with thumbtacks all through junior high, high school and college. After that it was put in a poster tube where it has sat for two decades.

I took it into a framer today and on a whim googled you.

I live in the Bay Area, Mill Valley. I see you're in Sacramento. Funny, I have business up there tomorrow.

Do you have a studio or something of that sort? If so, I'd love to swing by and see it.

Anyway, thought you might like this blast from the past!

Oh yeah, one more thing... I married into a family of trekkies!

Warm regards.

Peter

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful prog rocker letterforms!