Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Today I got a last-minute call to tune at the Mondavi Center for the Chick Corea concert. I had been to one concert there but had never been backstage. It's huge! The green room is also the biggest I've ever been in. There was catering from Cafe Bernardo's, plus lots of fruit, coffee, soda, bottled water, chocolate, nuts, granola bars... after the sound check I tuned the Steinway which sounded lovely in the hall. Some halls give you a nasty slap-back echo when you play a note loudly; at the Mondavi the sound blooms. I had a happy time tuning and it turned out great. Afterwards in the green room I had a nice talk with Gary Vercelli from KXPR. I talked to him about Antonio and Matias Bombal and also suggested that he interview Wendell Yuponce.
After that, I talked to Chick for about five minutes about the piano.
I also finally found Nina Weiss' website. She's done quite well with her art! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

pill said...

Is she still ignoring you? ;-)