Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Amazing story of how Joey V. got his drums back

Hi friends,

As y'all know my Slingerland bass drum was stolen on
Friday night. Last night my Dad, Carlo, told me to
say a prayer to Saint Anthony. I didn't, he did. What I did do is make
two huge reward signs and put
them up in my neighborhood, "reward for stolen drum
and 2-child stroller".
I received multiple calls offering to replace the
stroller at no cost. Yes, the "good guys" are still
out there, OUR team is intact! I did not, however,
get any response regarding my drum. I very
respectfully declined the offers for a free stroller
because a homeless man collecting cans found my
stroller in a dumpster and returned it to me after
seeing the sign. Angels are everywhere! He also told
me that the dumpster he pulled it out of is behind a
motel.
I went to the motel this morning and gave the manager
one of my business cards and told him my story. He
knew who had my drum. Unfortunately the guy had
already checked out. The manager did give me copy of
a copy of the man's drivers license. So I decided to
go check out some similar motels in the area.
I called the police on the way to another motel to
follow up on the report I made. As I'm talking to the
officer, I pulled up to the office and look over and
there's the guy! I told the officer to please stay on
the line, that I see the guy. The officer was totally
in shock, but he said, "of course". I walk over to
the guy, ask him is he is Shaun Daniels, the name on
the DL. He says yes.
Now my heart is pumping hard and I'm in full
adrenaline mode. So I says to the guy, My name is
Joey Ventittelli, you stole my drum and I want it
back. His jaw hit the floor. You could see in his
eyes he's asking himself "how did this guy find me". Priceless!

Without any protest he goes back into his hotel room
and brings out my drum, still in the case. I'm
freaking out, so I says to him, "thou shall not
steal"!
Now the guy's looking at me like I'm crazy, and at
that moment I was so high on adrenaline I probably did
look a little crazy, but I GOT MY DRUM BACK! SUCKAH!

Needless to say, I am on cloud nine. And it just goes
to show, prayer + dilligence = results!

No comments: