Monday, October 17, 2005

Skylark Piano Service, for whom I subcontract, is supposed to send me about a hundred postcards a month, preaddressed to customers reminding them to get their pianos tuned. I put stamps on them and mail them. But this year Skylark has been moving their office and everything has been a shambles. They hadn't sent me reminder cards for eight months, despite my almost daily calls and faxes. Finally I hit on the idea of sending them postcards to remind them to send me postcards. I addressed and stamped several with the idea of sending them every day until they sent the cards. In fact, the first workday after I started sending cards (before they had even received one), I got a call from the office saying that they had 400 reminder cards ready to send me! I went out and bought 400 stamps today. Imagine 400 postcards exploding in all directions. Posted by Picasa

No comments: