Saturday, October 08, 2005


When I first started tuning the pianos at Sacramento City College, I put locks on the two big Baldwin grands. Last year, I suddenly noticed that both locks were gone. Somebody had taken a lot of trouble to remove them completely, leaving nothing but empty screw holes. Last night I installed new locks on the pianos and this morning I handed the keys to Rob Knable(head of the music department) at Espresso Metro.
We talked a little about Darril, the SCC professor who recently died in a motorcycle accident. Darril's father had been dean of the music department at University of the Pacific, and most famously, the man responsible for saving Dave Brubeck from getting kicked out of college. The story goes that the school finally decided to let Brubeck stay "as long as he promised never to teach music." Posted by Picasa

No comments: