Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Not easy being green


I sent in a proposal to tune the pianos at UC Davis Student Housing. The requirements were amazing: I had to take parts of the original Acrobat document, insert my own pages, and then print it on both sides of recycled paper and label it as such. Then I had to sign it, and then make a copy and mark it as a copy.
The irony is that in trying to make this "green" application according to their specs, I made lots of false tries and ended up using much more paper than I would have otherwise.
I wonder how many people successfully navigated these requirements. It reminds me of all the hoops you have to jump through to get a $10 rebate from a store.

1 comment:

Scott said...

. . . this is just the hoopla before all paper is recycled and every car has Prius technology. it's a way to pay for the cost of change, and to teach about the costs of the currently old way of doing things.