Sunday, April 10, 2005

A couple of days ago I got an email saying I could get comps to the River Stage's production of Mrs. California. I have worked at Cosumnes River College for about 8 years but I'd never seen a show at their much-acclaimed theater program. This show completely lived up to the reputation. There was nothing college about it (of course, no one in the cast or crew was a college student --- how do they get away with that?) --- it was totally professional down to the hairstyles, which Jennifer said were completely authentic to 1955 and must have taken a long time to do.
Sadly, the wife of the artistic director had just died and they were taking donations for a memorial fund. She had been only 50 --- ovarian cancer. I met her a couple of times, once when I tuned their piano.
Outside the theater, we ran into Steve Coughran, guitarist/French horn player/drummer and professor at CRC, and he and I got in an uber-geeky argument about handwritten vs. computer-typeset music. (Another reason I prefer women to men. A woman would never get into such a stupid argument.) Posted by Hello

1 comment:

Scott said...

So, did he club you to death with his French horn? -or did you flatten him with your LaserPrinter?