Friday, December 30, 2005

Amazing pictures I didn't take

Today between tunings I went to visit Wendell Yuponce, who is working hard these days scoring the cable TV show Daisy Does America. Daisy is a British comedian something like Tracy Ullman, except she does real things. Instead of doing a sketch about beauty contests, she enters one... and wins!
Wendell's studio is next to his garage, which I walked into by accident. It's full of discarded junk that is rapidly rusting/corroding in the damp. I saw an Irish harp, a Kawai K5 synthesizer, and a George of the Jungle pinball machine.
But I didn't take any pictures.
When Wendell's son was in pre-school, Wendell went in and did presentations about musical instruments and their history, including crude homemade instruments. He wants to do an illustrated children's book version. I'm going to nag him until we at least have a demo chapter finished.
He also gave me some disks with awesome samples on them for music production.

No comments: