Thursday, December 22, 2005

No pictures today

I left my camera at Steve's house today so I can't post the pictures I took of my car getting towed today (more on that later). Instead, here are some stories from friends in New York dealing with the transit strike.

Lisa took the first 2 days off, went in today in a car filled with Brooklynites. It didn't take her long to get into town, but they say the drive home is much worse, because no restrictions on minimum # of drivers in car (it's 4 during morning).
I went in today for a dentist appointment I really couldn't miss -- walked from home to rockefeller center -- 3 hours! loved it. Especially crossing the brooklyn bridge at sunrise -- it was filled with empowered new yorkers. Getting home was okay, took a cab -- with had 3 other riders getting on and off at various blocks, then walked across the bridge and home.
I believe the strike may be over?!

---Billy Aronson

I've been staying with Jeff the last two nights. He lives on the Upper West Side, so I only have to walk about 30 minutes to get to either job. Would take me about an hour and a half or more to walk from Astoria (Queens), where my apartment is. Fortunately, the weather has been nice, though a little cold. No snow, though. Hurray! Am enjoying the exercise, though I couldn't get to sleep until 6:30 this morning because my body wasn't used to being exercised so late at night (walking home after the show). Oh well. A nice glass of red wine should do the trick tonight. Miserable not being able to sleep!


---Laura Sherman

Mark!
How happy I was to see that e-mail address.
Happy Holidays from the city with no subway.
I wish you could see me bundled up riding my old bicycle.
What a pain in the ass!
Despite the inconvenience, it sure as hell is nice to be back in NY.
So much so, that I gave my notice. Dec. 30th is it for me.
Now, all I have to do is find a job!
Hope all is good with you.

---Bruce Barnes


No comments: